Purpose: To determine the concentration of dye in a sports beverage using spectroscopy and graphical analysis. We will be using drinks law to obtain the unknown concentration of dye in a sports activities drink. Elements: Beakers, 50-mL, 2-3; Check tubes (13 x 100)mm 3-8; FD&C Blue 1 stock option, 50-mL; Contact lens tissues; Pipets, serological, 10-mL; Sample of consumer sports drink, 10-mL; Spectrophotometer; Test out tube rack Procedure:
1) Preeminently, comply with all lab safety recommendations ensuring that you may have safety eye protection on always throughout the laboratory.
2) Fill the cuvette 2/3 from the way with water.
3) Select the appropriate wavelength on the spectrophotometer.
4) Place the cuvette inside the spectrophotometer and click the calibrate button.
5) Put 5mL of share solution in to test conduit.
6) Fill the cuvette 2/3 of the approach with the 1st solution.
7) Put the cuvette inside the spectrophotometer.
8) Hold out a few seconds and record the absorption in your data desk.
9) Set 4mL of stock solution and 1mL of water in a evaluation tube to make the second answer.
10) Fill the cuvette 2/3 of the way while using second solution.
11) Put the cuvette inside the spectrophotometer.
12) Wait a few seconds and record the absorption on your data table. 13) Put 3mL of inventory solution and 2mL of water in a test pipe to make the third solution. 14) Fill the cuvette 2/3 of the method with the second solution 15) Place the cuvette in the spectrophotometer.
16) Wait a few seconds and record the absorption on your data desk. 17) Place 2mL of stock answer and 3mL of drinking water in a test out tube to make the fourth solution 18) Complete the cuvette 2/3 with the way while using fourth option 19) Place the cuvette inside the spectrophotometer.
20) Wait a couple of seconds and record the ingestion on your info table. 21) Put 1mL of inventory solution and 4mL of water within a test conduit to make the fifth solution 22) Fill the cuvette 2/3 of the way with the 5th solution
23) Place the cuvette in the spectrophotometer.
24) Wait a few seconds and record the consumption on your data table. 25) After all info are gathered, use them to formulate a graph identifying the thready relationship between absorbency and concentration. “”
Data and Calculations:
a few. 288
2 . 172
1 . 086
Share Solution (mL):
a couple of
Linear Regression: y sama dengan. 088x “. 003
A sama dengan abc
a sama dengan Molar absorptivity
n = Route length of the sample cell
c = Concentration
Absorbency of Gatorade = 0. 121
zero. 115 sama dengan (130. 000)(1)(c)
c = almost 8. 85 times 10-7
Conclusion: In this try things out, we well prepared solutions and used Beer’s law to analyze the focus of dye in a refreshment. The chart would provide the most accurate means to determine the concentration of an unknown option and we be aware that absorbance measurements are most accurate inside the range of A values from 0. 2 to 1. 0.